EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – JOB POSTING Lutz Mountain Heritage Foundation
The Lutz Mountain Heritage Foundation was established in 1975 as a local meeting house, a repository of local historical artifacts and a source of genealogical information. What once housed the “Second Baptist Church” of Moncton prior to 1975 has been transformed into a vibrant and professional Community Meeting House, Genealogical Research Center and a Heritage Museum.
The Foundation has grown to the extent that a recent expansion was required to address growth issues. An expansion was added to the original structure to ensure wheelchair accessibility to the entrance and new washrooms, the establishment of a new professional 4 workstation office, the establishment of the Muriel Lutes-Sikorski Genealogical Research Library, and a new modern Community Kitchen to facilitate our many events.
Supporting the expansion has seen the hiring of 3 full-time part-time positions, a Community Events Manager, a Genealogy Manager and a Museum Manager reporting to the Executive Director. The Foundation is now seeking the addition of an Executive Director to focus primarily on fundraising, membership growth and management of the staff and day to day operations.
We are seeking a self-driven and highly competent Executive Director to lead and influence our charitable non-profit Foundation towards favorable growth. Your priorities will be on fund-raising, with an emphasis on corporate and family sponsorships, membership growth, and the design and direction of strategies that support and enhance our organizational operations. As a candidate you must have a high comfort level for spearheading fundraising with the ability to organize and conduct major fund-raising campaigns and membership drives. You must possess a strong entrepreneurial drive, outstanding communication skills, strong leadership qualities, and good planning and organizational skills.
Executive Director Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing major fund-raising initiatives
- Developing and implementing major membership growth initiatives
- Managing, mentoring and motivating staff including conducting performance reviews
- Overseeing day-to-day business activities
- Drafting organizational policies and philosophies for review and acceptance by our Board
- Engaging with community groups
- With the assistance of the Managers and Treasurer, preparation for Board review and approval of:
- cost / benefit reviews of various initiatives
- annual budgets
- monthly financial reports to the Board
- monthly operational reports to the Board
Executive Director Requirements:
- Ability to identify challenges, prioritize and make quick decisions when required
- Ability to deal with various types of personalities and opinions
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective communicator and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, with excellent time management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Open to new ideas and technological solutions to operational responsibilities
- Public relations and marketing knowledge.
- While not mandatory, prior experience or academic training in Museum Management, or Genealogical Research, or Community Events Management, or Charitable Fund Raising, or Business Management would be considered a valuable asset
Compensation and daily hours of work and vacation time negotiable, subject to candidate’s time management skills in assuming operational responsibilities and ability to fund raise
Deadline for receipt of applications is May 06, 2019
Attn: Executive Committee
Lutz Mountain Heritage Foundation
3143 Mountain Rd, Moncton, NB E1G 2X1