Fall Fest Pickles, Jams and Baked Goods Competition
The sun is shining and after all that rain the vegetables are growing rapidly. Soon we’ll be deciding what to do with the surplus produce! How about entering our Fall Fest Pickles, Jam and Baked Goods competition on September 7th at Lutz Mountain Heritage Museum?
- Work must be completed in the last year.
- Only one entry will be allowed by a person in one section of a class.
- Entries need to be labelled with product name, date of preparation, and sealed properly. Canning (Mason) jars must be used.
- Clean, clear glass jars (no larger than 500 ml) with 2 piece lids with no chips or cracks. Screw band and lid must be free of rust. Proper head space of 1 cm is necessary.
- Judging will take place at 9:30 am on Saturday, September 7th, 2019.
- All items need to be delivered by 9:00 am. They may be dropped off at Lutz Mountain Heritage Museum before the day of the competition. Entry tags are now available from the office.
BAKED GOODS – All products need to be in plastic bags.
Green Tomato Chow
Bread & Butter Pickles
Mustard Pickles (any kind)
Tea Biscuits (4)
Brown Sugar Fudge (4 pieces)
Brownies with frosting but no nuts (4)
Chocolate Chip Cookies (4)