Museum Attendants/ Tour Guides (Summer Student Position)
About the Position
We are looking for dynamic, independent, self-motivated, and enthusiastic students to be an essential part of our museum and meeting house this summer. Candidates will work directly with the Museum Manager to assist in the Museum’s day-to-day operations. Additionally, candidates will also be a part of our interpretive staff who help to share the history of Lutes Mountain and Moncton.
Position is full-time from Tuesday-Saturday (35 hours per week) for a 10-week duration which will begin mid-June and end at the end of August. Candidates will work days with occasional evening availability being an asset.
Rate of pay: $14.75/hr
Successful applicants will be responsible for the following:
- Providing tours of the museum to visiting guests;
- Researching various artifacts and local history;
- Assisting with genealogical research;
- Assisting with the cataloging of artifacts;
- Assisting with photographing artifacts;
- Assisting with the management and upkeep of social medias;
- Assisting with the day-to-day upkeep of the museum (i.e.: cleaning museum and artifacts, rotating artifacts, creating new displays, etc.);
- Helping to prepare for and host community functions.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be a Senior in High School or a University/College Student
- Must have strong organizational, and intrapersonal skills
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills
- Strong social media skills are an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Weekend and occasional evening availability
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions or concerns, feel free to call 506-384-7719 or email email@example.com. Deadline for applications is May 1st, 2023